Free of charge for Zagreb City Day
Some of them require prior registration
On the occasion of Zagreb City Day, on May 31, the Tourist Board of the City of Zagreb (TZGZ) prepared, together with its partners, various special programs this year. Thus, on Tuesday, May 30 , on the Republic Day of the Republic of Croatia and on the eve of the City Day, the Tamara Obrovac Transhistria Ensemble will hold a concert starting at 5:00 p.m. in Zrinjevac Park.
While, on Zagreb City Day itself, on Wednesday, May 31, TZGZ is giving away free tours:
1. TESLA TOUR CROATIA (mandatory registration at: 0914167080 or via e-mail: email@example.com)
• at 10:30 and 18:00 in Croatian • at 14:00 in English
2. WALKS WITH PURGERICA (mandatory registration at: 0916363661 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• 11:00 Nerina's story • 17:00 Why I love Zagreb • 20:00 Grič tells a love story
In addition to the above, the Association of Tourist Guides of Zagreb and the Central Croatian Macroregion also organizes four free tours of the city in Croatian on Zagreb's birthday, for which no prior registration is required:
1. VLAHO BUKOVAC IN ZAGREB Place and time of departure: in front of the Croatian National Theater at 11:00
2. JEWS IN ZAGREB Place and time of departure: Trg bana Jelačića 11, in front of the Visitor Center at 11:00
3. THE VRANYCZANYS AND THEIR LEGACY IN ZAGREB Place and time of departure: in front of Palainovka on Ilirski trg at 17:00
4. MAKSIMIR THEN AND NOW Place and time of departure: in front of the main entrance to Park Maksimir at 18:00
Big news this year
You are welcome to support ZET's music control. Namely, the ZET Zagreb Orchestra is preparing surprise performances in trams and at selected locations in the city on May 31, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., giving Zagreb a special birthday greeting.
Along with the celebration of Zagreb's birthday, this year we also celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of our first Croatian professional journalist and one of the most widely read writers, Marija Jurić Zagorka, so at 18:00 at the Ribnjak Youth Center, you can expect a performance – D rugačiJA: Marija Jurić Zagorka.
We remind you that on the National Day of the Republic of Croatia, as well as on the Day of the City of Zagreb, there will be a special Changing of the Guard of the Honorary Company of the Kravat Regiment, and popular characters from the past will also walk through the city center. All accompanying programs, as well as more details, are available at the link: Day of the City of Zagreb.