Ribnjak Park stretches along the eastern walls of Kaptol. It was named after the bishop's ponds, which were located here until the 19th century. Then the whole space was turned into an English-type garden, with waterfalls, exotic plants and decorative statues. The park was arranged at the instigation of Bishop Alagović in 1829.
The pond was supposed to become a sculpture park, but that idea was never fully realized. There is only a monument to Stid, Antun Augustinčić, and a monument to the Croatian poet Ivan Goran Kovačić.
Today, the park covers almost 40,000 square meters and features thirty-year-old yew, an old specimen of Atlas cedar, and a multitude of magnolias and liquidambar. The pond is also called the street that stretches along the eastern border of the park.
PHOTO: Domagoj Mokrovic
Tel: +385 95 361 2122