01 49 11 589
Since its founding in 1953, the Museum has been housed in the first postal and telegraph palace in Croatia (built in 1904), where it is still located today. It preserves numerous objects from the history of the post office, telecommunications and philately as the only museum of its kind in Croatia. It was opened to the public in 1997. The objects on display in the Museum's permanent exhibition briefly indicate the history of long-distance news transmission in Croatia, from Roman times to the present day. The telecommunications collection contains items of Croatian telecommunications technical heritage: telegraph apparatus, teleprinters, parts of telegraph exchanges, telephone exchanges of various levels of technological development, always attractive telephones (from 1897 until today), cables, wires, measuring instruments, etc. includes material showing the historical development of the post office and the organization of postal activities in Croatia. The material was created by collecting objects within PTT companies, in cooperation with postal museums of European countries, other museums in Croatia and research in archives and historical institutes. Philatelic material consists of postage stamps and other postal-philatelic values, among which are especially valuable pre-philatelic letters (before 1850), and a special place is occupied by the Collection of Postage Stamps of the Republic of Croatia, accompanied by original art solutions, typographic materials and related documentation. The collection of foreign postage stamps, which is also the largest collection of the HT Museum (with more than 35,000 units) is continuously replenished by international exchange.